Diarrhea can cause weight loss & dehydration and can even be dangerous. This Turmeric Buttermilk Recipe is a safe & effective home remedy for everyone.
Considering how common diarrhea is in India and how dangerous it can be, it’s crucial to take measures right when the symptoms begin to appear. The right kind of diet is very important at this stage, and can make the difference between a healthy recovery or dehydration and malnourishment. Today’s Turmeric Buttermilk Recipe is one such effective home remedy to stop loose stools, which is completely safe without any side effects.
Important: This recipe is not a complete cure for all kinds of diarrhea. It can be offered as a first step to prevent the baby from getting dehydrated due to loose stools. However, if the baby exhibits symptoms like dry mouth, dry eyes when crying, sunken dizzy eyes or passing blood in stools, it requires immediate medical attention.
Turmeric Buttermilk Recipe
- Curd – 2 tsp
- Turmeric – a Pinch
- Water – 7 tsp
1. Add curd and water in a bowl.
2. Whip it well to get buttermilk.
3. Heat a pan and add buttermilk.
4. Once it is warm, switch off the flame.
NOTE: Do not boil or overheat.
5. Add a Pinch of Turmeric.
6. Mix well.
When offering this to your baby, start with 3 tsp as the first dose. After four hours, feed another 3 tsp of Turmeric Butter Milk as a second dose.
This Turmeric Buttermilk is an effective home remedy that can be given to babies above 1 year. Suggested by Deepthi Shah, this is something that has worked for me, my kids and even my Mom. Do let us know how this works for you, in the comments.
- Curd – 2 tsp
- Turmeric - a Pinch
- Water - 7 tsp
- Add curd and water in a bowl.
- Whip it well to get buttermilk.
- Heat a pan and add buttermilk.
- Once it is warm, switch off the flame.
- NOTE: Do not boil or overheat.
- Add a Pinch of Turmeric.
- Mix well.
- tsp of Turmeric Butter Milk has to be given as the first dose and
- after 4 hours, 3 tsp of Turmeric Butter Milk can be given as a second dose.
- This effective home remedy can be given for babies above 1 year.