Sooji Kheer for Babies is one of the easiest and most nutritious foods for your baby.
A lot of readers ask me to suggest some baby food recipes for dinner for the babies to sleep well through the night. I always suggest sooji kheer recipe.
It is easily digestible and tends to be filling the tiny stomach and so sooji kheer for babies is a perfect food for dinner.
Sooji or Rava or Semolina is made during the grinding of wheat to wheat flour.
Watch how to make Sooji kheer for babies
How to make Sooji Kheer for Babies?
Sooji Kheer for babies can be given on completion of 6 months and after starting solids.
Please follow the 3 day Rule before introducing any new food.
- Sooji – 1 cup
- Ghee – 2 teaspoon
- Elachi powder – 1 pinch
- Water – 3 cup
- Dry Fruits Powder – 1/2 teaspoon (for Babies above 8 months)
1. Dry roast sooji in a tawa. It can be either powdered or used as whole.
2. In a pan, heat the 3 cups of water and allow it to boil.
3. Add the roasted sooji slowly to the boiling water and mix without lumps.
4. Mix the sooji continuously to prevent lump formation.
5. When the sooji even out well and the sooji is 3/4 th cooked, add ghee.
6. Mix well and switch off the flame after the sooji is well cooked. A pinch of elachi powder can be added. If you like, you can make it richer and tastier by adding some Dry Fruits Powder.
Breastmilk or formula can be added to make it runnier.
Sooji Kheer is ready!!
Sooji Kheer combines the goodness of sooji and dry fruits powder to give rich nutrient meal for your baby.
100 g yields about 360 calories of energy.
It is high in dietary fiber and carbohydrates.
It is rich in thiamin and selenium and has nil cholesterol.
If you like this article, Subscribe to our Newsletter here to receive regular updates. We Promise not to spam your inbox!!
- Sooji - 1 cup
- Ghee - 2 teaspoon
- Elachi powder - 1 pinch
- Water - 3 cup
- Dry roast sooji in a tawa. It can be either powdered or used as a whole.
- In a pan, heat the 3 cups of water and allow it to boil.
- Add the roasted sooji slowly to the boiling water and mix without lumps.
- Mix it continuously to prevent lump formation.
- After the sooji is ⅓ rd cooked, add ghee
- Mix well and switch off the flame after the sooji is well cooked. A pinch of elaichi powder can be added.
- Breastmilk or formula can be added to make it more runny