Bringing you a super healthy dessert recipe, which is highly nourishing and scrumptious as well! Our Lauki Halwa for Kids is suitable for kids to adults. Lauki is very high in water content and fiber. It’s rich in vitamins A, B, C, K and E. Being rich in vitamins lauki is very good for the overall growth and development of kids. We have added the dry fruits powder from My little moppet foods. As it’s made natural with no preservatives or additives, its best and safe to be added in baby foods. Dry fruits are good for brain and body development. It’s nutrient rich and also helps in healthy weight gain.
Lauki Halwa for Kids
- Lauki/ Bottle gourd (Grated) – 1 cup
- Coconut sugar – 1/4 cup
- Dry fruits powder – 1 Tbsp
- Ghee – 1 Tbsp
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Milk – 3/4 cup
Wondering how to get the authentic coconut sugar ? Don’t worry, we’ll send it straight to your doorstep.
1. Heat Ghee in a pan.
2. Add grated Bottle gourd.
3. Saute for 8-10 Minutes in medium flame until raw smell goes off.
4. Add Milk and mix well.
5. Let it boil and stir for 10 minutes on low flame.
7. Let it thicken till desired consistency.
10. Yummy & healthy Lauki halwa is ready.
This recipe is suitable for babies above 1 year. Instead of using the white sugar, we have used the natural sweetener coconut sugar from My little moppet foods. Coconut sugar is made from coconut sap that is dehydrated. It is filled with anti-oxidants, zinc, calcium and potassium along with healthy fats and Vitamin C. It’s a fiber rich sweetener which is good to boost the immunity of your little ones. If you have tried this recipe. Please don’t forget to share your feedback in the comments section. We are waiting to hear 🙂
Lauki Halwa for Kids
- Lauki/ Bottle gourd Grated - 1 cup
- Coconut sugar - 1/4 cup
- Dry fruits powder - 1 Tbsp
- Ghee - 1 Tbsp
- Cardamom powder - a pinch
- Milk - 3/4 cup
- Heat Ghee in a pan.
- Add grated Bottle gourd.
- Saute for 8-10 Minutes in medium flame until raw smell goes off.
- Add Milk and mix well.
- Let it boil and stir for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Add dry fruit powder, coconut sugar, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Let it thicken till desired consistency.
- Yummy & healthy Lauki halwa is ready.
Wondering how to get this Dry Fruits powder ? Don’t worry, we’ll send it to you! We prepare it fresh as soon as you place your order and deliver it straight to your doorstep.