We all know that adding sugar to your child’s food is something to be avoided, which leaves us with natural sweeteners natural sweeteners. Jaggery and coconut sugar are excellent options in this area, but today we’ve got one more – dry dates powder!
Dates are well known for their nutritional benefits, especially for growing children. While fresh dates can be eaten as they are, dry dates are more challenging. But you don’t have to worry about that, when you can feed them dates in the form of homemade dry dates powder. It is an ideal natural sweetener, improving both the taste and nutritional quotient of any dish. Dry dates or kharik are powerhouses of vitamins and minerals along with iron, dietary fiber and protein. In case you’re wondering how to make dry dates powder at home, we’ve listed out the entire recipe here. While the process is laborious and requires time and patience, the end result is completely worth the effort!
How to make Dry Dates Powder at Home?
- 2 cups Dry Dates / Kharik
1. Wipe the dry dates with a damp clean kitchen towel to remove any dirt or dust if any ( this step is optional)
4. Then use a mixer grinder to grind the dates. Add the sun-dried dates in small batches and grind to get a powder.
7. Finally, Store the dates powder in an airtight container and use it as a natural sweetener and energy snack in milk, porridge, kheer or baked goodies.
Can I give my baby dates?
Providing the right amount of nutrients through a balanced diet is extremely important for your baby’s steady growth and development. In case you’re wondering if your baby is ready to have dates, the answer is – yes – once your baby completes 8 months. Dates are perfect for a growing infant, as they provide essential nutrients that breast milk alone may not be able to provide.
Benefits of Dates for Babies
- Loosens bowels and fights constipation
- Rich source of iron prevents anemia in babies
- High in minerals like calcium, potassium and magnesium as well as in Vitamin A
- Good source of dietary fiber
No time to prepare this powder at home? Don’t worry, we’ll send it to you! We prepare it fresh as soon as you place your order and deliver it straight to your doorstep.
- 2 cups Dry Dates / Kharik
- Wipe the dry dates with a damp clean kitchen towel to remove any dirt or dust if any ( this step is optional).
- Most importantly de-seed the dates and chop them roughly using a sharp knife.
- If the dates are very hard to be chopped. A mortar and pestle may be used to crack the dates and de-seed them.
- Then spread the chopped dates on a plate and sundry for about 7-10 days.
- The well-sundried date pieces should crack easily.
- Use a mixer grinder to grind the dates.
- Add the sun-dried dates in small batches and grind to get a powder.
- Sieve the dates powder and grind the lumps that are left in the sieve.
- Repeat the process with all the dates.
- Finally, store the dates powder in an airtight container and use it as a natural sweetener and energy snack in milk, porridge, kheer or baked goodies.
Dry Dates powder stays good for about 4 months at room temperature in a
Organic · FSSAI Certified · NABL Lab certified Buy Sprouted Sathumaavu Health Mix powder for Babies / Homemade Cerelac Dry Fruits Powder for Babies/Toddlers Pancake Mixes for Toddlers