The winter holidays are approaching which means the kids are going to be home. And since it’ll be too cold outside, they’ll be buzzing around you all day!! Be prepared for constant laments of “I’m bored!” and “I’m hungry!”
For boredom, we’d recommend making a boredom box for kids. And as for hunger, it’s not going to be so simple, especially when it comes to fussy eaters. So if they demand a sweet dish and you’re not in the mood to make gajar halwa from scratch, what will you do? We know the answer – Dates Chia Seeds and Apricot Ladoos!
Dates Chia Seeds and Apricot Ladoo Recipe
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
1. De-seed the dates.
2. Chop the apricots roughly.
3. Add the dates, chopped apricot, desiccated coconut, almonds and chia seeds to a grinder jar and pulse 2-3 times.
4. Remove the mix and make small balls of it.
5. Store the ladoos in an air tight container at room temperature.
These Dates Chia Seeds and Apricot ladoos stay good at room temperature for a week or so. Apricots are rich in Vitamin A, Chia seeds are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants and fiber, iron, and calcium content. Dates are good for bone and brain development. With so many healthy ingredients, these ladoos are naturally sweet and with a nutty taste. These no cook energy balls can be made in no time and and are the perfect option for surprise visitors. Serve it as an on-the-go breakfast, after school snack or just as a guilt-free indulgence to satisfy those sweet cravings!
- ½ cup dates
- ½ cup dried apricot
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup almonds
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- Deseed the dates
- Chop the apricot roughly
- Add the dates, chopped apricot, desiccated coconut, almonds and chia seeds to a grinder jar and pulse 2-3 times.
- Remove the mix and make small balls of it.
- Your no cook, healthy and delicious sweet treats are ready to be popped in!
- Store them in an air tight container and use as per need.