With the goodness of cheese and potatoes, these cheesy bites are the perfect healthy snack for kids and an ideal finger food for babies over 8 months.
Just hearing the word cheese can get many of us to salivate, especially kids! Adding cheese to pretty much anything makes it instantly more attractive to kids. Cheese often gets a bad rap, but it’s not all terrible. Cheese is rich in calcium and protein which is crucial for growth and development of babies and young kids.
That’s why we’ve decided to combine these benefits along with the fiber and carbohydrates of potatoes to create a yummy weight gain recipe – Cheesy potato bites! Just as the name suggests, these yummy balls are filled with the goodness of cheese and potatoes which provide lots of nutrients and also help in maintaining a healthy weight gain.
Cheesy Potato Bites
- Potatoes – 4
- Rava – 2 tbsp
- pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Chopped cheese – 1 cup
1. Add water in a pressure cooker.
2. Boil the potatoes.
3. Let it cook for 4-5 whistles.
4. Peel the skin and mash the potatoes well.
5. Add Rava.
6. Add pepper and garam masala
7. Mix well to form a dough
8. Take little portion of dough and form a cup
9. Place the cheese and roll to form balls
10. Coat with whole wheat rusk crumbs (Optional)
11. Deep fry on medium flame
12. Serve hot
This recipe is suitable for the kids and babies over 8 months. While selecting cheese, get the ones without salt – Indian cottage cheese or paneer is your best option. You can also opt for goat cheese, mozzarella or cream cheese. If you’re cooking for kids over 1 year or adults, you can add salt to taste. This makes a great finger food for babies and a healthy evening snack for school going kids.
- Potatoes - 4 numbers
- Rava – 2 tbsp
- pepper - ½ tsp
- Garam masala - ½ tsp
- Chopped cheese - 1 cup
- Add water in a pressure cooker.
- Boil the potatoes.
- Let it cook for 4-5 whistles.
- Peel the skin and mash the potatoes well.
- Add Rava.
- Add pinch of pepper and garam masala
- Mix well to form a dough
- Take little portion of dough and form a cup
- Place the cheese and roll to form balls
- Coat with whole wheat rusk crumbs (Optional)
- Deep fry on medium flame
- Serve hot