Are you looking for a healthy and nutritious breakfast recipe that your whole family will love? Check out our easy and quick ragi rava upma for kids’ recipe. Ragi upma is a delicious and nutritious dish that can be enjoyed by kids of all ages. Prepare it in just 10-15 minutes and have it ready to serve to your little ones within minutes. It’s perfect for busy mornings!
Health Benefits of Ragi & Sooji for Kids
The two main ingredients of this yummy recipe ragi rava upma for kids is ragi and sooji. Ragi is a type of whole grain that has many health benefits for kids. It is high in fiber and contains many essential minerals, such as magnesium, potassium, calcium, and iron.
Sooji has many health benefits for children, including promoting healthy skin and hair, mitigating the risk of allergies and asthma, and aiding in digestion.
- There are several health benefits to eating ragi & sooji on a regular basis.
- Ragi helps maintain normal blood sugar levels by slowing the release of glucose from the liver.
- It can also help improve bowel habits and reduce inflammation throughout the body.
- In addition to these general benefits, ragi may be helpful for specific conditions or problems your child might be experiencing.
- It can also help reduce blood pressure levels in those who have hypertension or prehypertension by reducing inflammation and improving cholesterol levels.
- Ragi can help lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels while increasing HDL (good) cholesterol levels.
- It is also high in B vitamins and vitamin E which are essential for a healthy brain and body.
- Ragi is a good source of dietary fiber which helps in regulating bowel movements and keeping the stomach healthy.
- Ragi has a low glycemic index.
- It is also rich in antioxidants like beta-glucan which are beneficial for the health of the gut.
- It can improve the vision of children as it helps in developing their eyesight.
- It also helps in providing the body with antioxidants and helping in fighting against cancer.
- It can be given to children as part of their diet to improve their health overall.
- It helps in boosting the immune system.
- Sooji can help to improve the absorption of nutrients and prevent gastrointestinal problems
- Sooji is a nutritious cereal that is high in fiber and contains essential minerals like iron, zinc, and magnesium.
- It is also a good source of magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc.
- It has been found to be beneficial for children in terms of providing them with good gut health, aiding in fighting allergies, and boosting cognitive function.
- One of the most notable benefits of sooji is its role in fighting inflammation.
- Sooji contains bran which provides fiber as well as minerals like magnesium and potassium. These nutrients are beneficial for overall health because they help to regulate blood sugar levels, promote bone growth and maintenance, and improve heart health by regulating cholesterol levels and much more.
- It is a healthy way to provide your child with enough energy throughout the day.
Let’s see how to make this Ragi Rava Upma for kids at home
- Ragi powder – 1 cup (we have used our own ‘My Little Moppet’ ragi mix)
- Sooji – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 (chopped)
- A handful of chopped green beans [or any veggies of your choice]
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Oil/ghee – 1 tsp
- Green chilli (optional) – 1 (finely chopped)
1. In a pan add oil/ ghee and add mustard seeds.
2. Then add chopped onion, after frying for a few seconds, add the chopped tomato.
3. Add all veggies into them and saute it for 2-3 minutes.
4. To this mixture add a required amount of water, sooji and ragi powder, and mix well under the low-medium flame.
5. Once the ragi and sooji is cooked well, switch off the flame.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves of your choice.
7. Ragi rava upma for kids is ready to serve and can be fed while it’s warm.
Note – If making this ragi rava upma for kids above 8 months and below 1 year, please avoid green chillies and salt.
This wholesome ragi rava upma for kids is a healthy and nutritious recipe that is perfect for babies to adults. So, why not try out this ragi rava upma recipe for kids? It’s easy to make and the entire family will love it!
Do share how it turned out in the comments section below!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of eating ragi?
Ragi is a good source of dietary fiber which helps in regulating bowel movements and keeping the stomach healthy. It’s calcium rich and loaded with several other essential minerals, such as magnesium and potassium. Ragi is with high nutritional benefits for babies and helps in overall growth and development.
Is ragi good for energy?
Ragi is loaded with calcium. It’s a filling and energy rich food for babies. It can also help in healthy weight gain.
Can I feed sooji as dinner for baby?
While introducing sooji, please give only in the first half of the day. Then it can be given in any convenient timing.
Is ragi good for kids?
Ragi is highly nutritious and rich in calcium and protein. It is a versatile food which can be made into several interesting recipes for babies to kids.
When can we introduce sooji to babies?
Sooji is good to be introduced to babies after 6 months. Exclusive breast feeding or formula feeding is only recommended till the baby completes 6 months.
Ragi Rava Upma for kids
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- A handful of chopped green beans or any veggies of your choice
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Oil/ghee
- 1 Green chilli (finely chopped) optional
- 1 cup Ragi powder we have used our own ‘My Little Moppet’ ragi mix
- 1/2 cup Sooji
- In a pan add oil/ ghee and add mustard seeds.
- Then add chopped onion, after frying for a few seconds, add the chopped tomato.
- Add all veggies into them and saute it for 2-3 minutes.
- To this mixture add a required amount of water, sooji and ragi powder, and mix well under the low-medium flame.
- Once the ragi and sooji is cooked well, switch off the flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves of your choice.
- Ragi upma for kids is ready to serve and can be fed while it's warm.
- Note – If making ragi upma for babies above 8months and below 1 year, please avoid green chillies and salt.
Leave a Reply