The worst nightmare a parent can go through is seeing their little one suffer with blocked nose and cough their lungs out !! 🙁
Most healthy children suffer from Common Cold atleast 6 to 9 times a year and babies more frequently due to their developing immune system.
While there are many Home Remedies for cold in babies ,removing mucus from nose to facilitate easy breathing can be especially tricky if the baby is very small.
A Dentist also a concerned parent has developed a novel product called the Nasobuddy Nasal Aspirator that can help relieve the nasal blockage and facilitate easy breathing in babies.
Story Behind Nasobuddy
Nasobuddy is the brain child of Dr Sreenath of One7Healthcare. Let’s hear from hos own words as what was the spark behind creating Nasobuddy?
” As new parents a few years back , we went through all the challenges of raising a newborn . The hardest challenge was our son was prone to colds , runny noses ,nose blocks ,sleepless nights….often stretching to weeks.
Our pediatrician recommended saline drops and a bulb aspirator to relieve the nose blocks. The bulb aspirator removed only a few drops of mucus and was no help at all in relieving our sons suffering.
A cousin in the U.S told us about an manual nasal aspirator or snot sucker which his hospital recommended. Though skeptical at first, our baby’s long spells of suffering made us desperate enough to use it. It worked instantly to remove the nose block, he fed and slept so well that night. We continued to use it on our son whenever he had a cold. It did not stop the cold or reduce its frequency. But it was a real lifesaver in clearing up our baby’s nose , to breathe and feed freely”.
The device was unavailable in India and had to be shipped in via an U.S online vendor. Cost us a couple of thousand rupees and it took us 3 weeks to have it delivered.
A useful device such as this should be made available in India at a more affordable price and readily accessible.
Nasobuddy – Nasal Aspirator Review
As is every baby, my daughter is also prone to catch colds especially from my elder toddler.My 1 year old daughter is one big fussy lady who will suffer with blocked nose rather than us trying to help her remove the blocking mucus. She hates us doing anything invasive for her like using a bulb aspirator.
This Nasobuddy nasal aspirator worked as a wonder for her relieving the blocked nose instantly.
What is Nasobuddy ?
Blocked nose in babies can be very troublesome with difficulty in nursing feeding, sleeping. This Nasobuddy nasal aspirator helps in removing the mucus thereby relieving blocked nose. It can be used from birth till 5 years of age.
How does Nasobuddy work in removing the Mucus?
Nasobuddy is non-invasive – instead of going inside the nose like the bulb, it forms a seal with the outside of the baby’s nostril (creating a vacuum). Parent-powered (mouth) suction is much stronger and more effective than the static suction of the bulb aspirators.
Contents of the Nasobuddy Nasal Aspirator
1. A collecting tube.
2. Cap with filter.
3. Yellow mouth piece.
4. Soft connecting tube.
5. 5 extra filters
How to use Nasobuddy nasal Aspirator?
It is very easy to use the Nasobuddy Nasal Aspirator.
- Place the baby in a comfortable position either on the lap or bed.
- Apply a few drops of Saline nasal drops in each nostril to loosen up the mucus.
- Gently place the collecting tube in the opening of the nostril.
- Place the yellow mouth piece in your mouth and place yourself in a position that there is a gradient for the mucus to be sucked effectively.
- Gently suck the mouth piece, you can see the mucus collecting in the collecting tube.
- It can be used three times a day preferably before feeding the baby.
How to clean and maintain the Nasobuddy ?
- Cleaning the product with soap water/baby detergent is safe and sufficient.
- The yellow mouthpiece (used by the parent) can be wiped with spirit if required.
- The filters can be disposed after each use. So the filters can be reused if the parent feels its not contaminated as the mucus usually collects near the tip and rarely reaches the filters.
- Nasobuddy comes with 5 extra hygienic filters .
- All the pieces EXCEPT the soft long tube can be sterilised.
- The soft long tube should be cleaned with a few drops of rubbing alcohol and shaken out to dry.
- After cleaning firmly snap the dry pieces together.
What I found the Nasobuddy Nasal Aspirator to be?
1. BPA Free
Nasobuddy is made of non-allergenic, latex-free, BPA-free, and phthalate-free polypropylene. It is manufactured in eco friendly clean environment.
2. Non Invasive
Unlike the bulb aspirator, the Nasobuddy is non invasive and there is no need to insert the collecting tube inside the nostril.
3. Parent Powered Suction
The parent can control the suction according to the thickness of the mucus, whereas in bulb aspirator it is by pressure.
The Nasobuddy nasal aspirator is very hygeinic to use, since there are filters provided which prevent the mucus and bacterial transfer from baby to parent and vice versa.
5. Usage and Durability
The Nasobuddy Nasal Aspirator is made of durable materials and can last for a longer period of time. It can be used till 5 years of age.
Price – The Nasobuddy is priced at Rs 395Buy Now
The Nasobuddy Nasal aspirator is a must buy, if your baby suffers from frequent cold and blocked nose.
For more information you can visit the Nasobuddy Nasal Aspirator Website or their Facebook Page