We’ve come a long way from the time our great grandmothers delivered babies on hard cots or on mud floors, but some things still remain the same. One such tradition that has successfully survived the modern age is that of the oil massage. Every woman who has given birth in India has at least heard of a ‘maalishwaali’ or ‘dai’, a masseuse who’s supposed to be an expert at reviving a new mother’s sore muscles. While oil massages for mothers are slowly losing their popularity, baby massages are still the norm in most households. Research has shown that baby massage plays an important developmental role in the early stages of infancy.
Though I have heard all kinds of great things about massage, I was still a little skeptical. I was also scared that I might end up hurting my baby. So after the birth of my daughter, my mother-in-law got ready to massage her with olive oil, which was when a gift hamper from Himalaya turned up like a messiah! There were a lot of baby goodies in the hamper, including the Himalaya Baby Massage Oil. If you want to know how our experience with the Oil was, continue reading!
Image Source Himalaya Website
What the product claims to be:
- Pure, mild and gentle
- Enriched with Olive Oil
- Contains Winter Cherry, which improves skin tone
- Contains Aloe Vera that moisturises skin
- Daily massage shown to benefit baby’s overall growth and development
Our Experience of the Himalaya Baby Massage Oil
1. It has a mild aroma, which is not overpowering.
2. The Oil is readily absorbed into skin and leaves it feeling nourished.
3. My daughter’s skin is very sensitive but she adjusted well to the Oil, true to its claim of being hypoallergenic.
4. Olive Oil contains oleic acid, which makes the skin more receptive to topical applications; this helps in making skin supple and soft.
5. Aloe Vera contains anti-inflammatory components which helps to fight infections and speedup healing, which makes it a popular pick for diaper rash.
6. It is easy-to-carry.
Price and Availability
The Himalaya Baby Massage Oil is priced at Rs 90 for 100 ml and Rs 165 for 200 ml, and is easily available at all leading supermarkets and pharmacies.
It is available at their online store as well. You can also buy the product from popular shopping websites such as Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal and more.
Thumbs up from me! I have been using it for my daughter and I love how soft her skin feels. I would certainly recommend it to other Moms as well.
Disclaimer: Each baby is different and the views here are based purely on my experience. Please do not consider this as a substitute for medical advice and consult your doctor in all matters regarding your baby.