“Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give” – Karl Lagerfield
Moms are traditionally known for being experts at making sacrifices. Considering how much a Mom gives up in the early days of motherhood, this is so true! At this stage, it’s probably needed as well, since a newborn infant is delicate and requires 24×7 care.
However, as your child grows, he doesn’t require this level of intensive care, and every Mom can loosen up a little. Unfortunately, by then most Moms have gotten used to putting themselves last and they just go with the status quo. But not anymore! This Mother’s Day, we encourage you to put yourself first, with support from another mother through Ayurveda – Mother Nature.
Ayurvedic Self Care for Busy Moms
There is no dearth of personal care products today, but how many of them actually make things better? Most products that claim to be ‘luxurious’ or ‘pampering’ are anything but. Most products contain harmful ingredients like formaldehyde, lead, silicones, parabens and even coal tar. Needless to say, these can cause lasting harm from the inside out, the result of which are the various kinds of diseases we see afflicting us today.
But that doesn’t mean that you can’t take care of yourself. There are many ways you can engage in some self-love and self-care, all thanks to the magic of natural products and healing science like Ayurveda. By using Ayurvedic principles in your life and in the products you use, you can experience many benefits like a complete sense of wellness, balance in all your body systems and freedom from illnesses brought on by a chemical onslaught.
So here are some tips to take care of yourself and make life easier at home – all with the power of Ayurveda.
Ayurvedic Beauty Tips for Your Skin and Hair
- Raw milk is a great cleanser. Use a cotton ball to apply all over your face for an instant pick–me–up. It’s also a good moisturizer and removes those last bits of makeup.
- Aloe vera is truly a magical herb that has several applications when it comes to skin and hair care. Use the gel in your hair mask for super soft hair or apply on acne-ridden areas for a soothing effect.
- Honey is another natural product that has a host of health benefits – both, for inside and outside of your body. Honey works well to retain the moisture of skin and is a great addition to DIY face packs.
- There’s nothing like coconut oil for a good old-fashioned hair massage. Both the application of oil and massaging the scalp are known to stimulate hair follicles along with reducing stress.
- Another trick is oil pulling. This is a technique of swishing oil around in the mouth, which is great for overall oral health along with maintaining your pearly whites.
Ayurvedic Hacks for a Healthy Life and Home
- Tulsi or basil is a great indoor plant, which helps keep the air clean by absorbing impurities around us. No wonder that in the olden days homes had this plant growing bang in the center.
- You don’t need fancy air purifiers when you can make your own with Ayurvedic herbs in earthen pots! This ‘dhoop’ can prevent allergies, breathlessness and other respiratory issues.
- For a summer-special air freshener, just grate the zest of citrus fruits like oranges or lemons and leave them around the corners of your home.
- If you have plain white vinegar, there’s a lot you can do around your home that will leave it sparkling without a separate solution for your bathrooms, floors, taps and windows.
- To shoo away mosquitoes, create a pomander by inserting cloves into an orange. No need to inhale harmful toxins anymore.
As you can see, engaging in some self-care doesn’t have to include lots of lotions or potions, nor does it have to be time consuming. By sticking to Ayurvedic self-care practices, you not only help yourself, you also help the Earth. You encourage the next generation to be gentle on themselves and on the planet. To quote the popular actress Lucille Ball,“Love yourself first, and everything else falls in line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
Organic · FSSAI Certified · NABL Lab certified Buy Sprouted Sathumaavu Health Mix powder for Babies / Homemade Cerelac Dry Fruits Powder for Babies/Toddlers Pancake Mixes for Toddlers