Want your baby to learn to love broccoli? Start early with a simple Broccoli Butter Puree, a tasty and healthy recipe for babies over 8 months.
Broccoli isn’t exactly every kid’s favorite vegetable, probably because it isn’t inherently a part of Indian cuisine. But you can change that and get your little one to love all kinds of vegetables – by starting early!
Broccoli is one of the healthiest vegetables out there, loaded with vitamins A, B, C, E, K and calcium along with fiber and antioxidants. It promotes healthy digestion and aids gut health. The vitamin C content of broccoli helps in boosting immunity, something every parent is worried about!
Broccoli Butter Puree
- Broccoli – 10 Florets
- Butter – 1 Tbsp
- Pepper – A Pinch
1. Add water in a pan/ pressure cooker.
2. Place bowl of Broccoli in water.
3. Steam cook for 15 minutes.
4. In a pan, heat butter.
5. Add steamed broccoli.
6. Add pepper and saute for few seconds.
7. Transfer the content to a grinding jar
8. Add required water and grind well to puree.
9. Serve warm.
Broccoli can be introduced after introducing the basic foods. However, some babies might feel gassy, so keep a close watch. If your baby isn’t comfortable with broccoli, you can stop for now and reintroduce it later – your baby is bound to fall in love with it some day!
- Broccoli - 10 florets
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Pepper - a pinch
- Add water in a pan/ pressure cooker
- Place bowl of Broccoli in water
- Steam cook for 15 minutes
- In a pan, heat butter
- Add steamed broccoli
- Add pepper
- Saute for few seconds
- Transfer the content to Grinding jar
- Add required water and grind well to puree
- Serve warm.